STOTT PILATES™ – INTENSIVE REFORMER COURSE IR
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement, as well as those who are unable to devote the time required in our Comprehensive Program due to work and/or scheduling issues. Conducted over 3 weeks or 4 weekends. Building on your industry knowledge it teaches you to design and lead the Level 1 Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES Reformer repertoire for personal or group training settings for a range of clients. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Reformer programs. While IR may be taken prior to IMP, we recommend completing IMP first.
Instructor-Trainer: Leslie Wall
Total Barre™, Matwork, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Barrels, ISP
Formerly a professional dancer, Leslie was introduced to the STOTT PILATES® method after an extensive knee injury and a multitude of surgeries ending her career as a dancer. Her familiarity with body movement and muscular strength made the transition to Pilates feel completely natural. She quickly advanced herself in the industry and is now an Instructor Trainer for Merrithew™specializing in Total Barre™ and is a Lead IT for STOTT PILATES. She is a valued member of the Merrithew education team and presents on their behalf. Leslie continues to train both future instructors and private clients including Cirque du Soleil performers, NHL Players, Olympic athletes and is an adviser/instructor to “SpiderTech Kinesiology” Executives.
Matwork, Reformer, Cadillac, Chair, Barrels, ISP, CORE™, ZEN•GA®, Total Barre™; Merrithew™ Fascial Movement
ADDITIONAL CREDENTIALS & DESIGNATIONS:
BFA / Bed Dance, BSc Kinesiology, Yamuna Body Rolling, Franklin Method
What you will learn:
- The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Effective use of the reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Effective communication and observational skills
- Verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement and client motivation
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 139 exercises plus modifications for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- Workout composition for personal and group training
Requirements of certification
- 50 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
- Minimum of 10 hours of observation
- Minimum of 40 hours of physical review
- Minimum of 25 hours of practice teaching
- Total: 125 hours
more information here
IR1 – Module 1 & IR2 – Module 2
To help accommodate your schedule, we also offer Intensive Reformer in two modules – IR1 & IR2. Key learnings are the same as the full course. Completion of both modules is required to be eligible for certification. IR1 is a pre-requisite of IR2. Both modules must be taken within 6 months of each other.
IR1 – Module 1
Provides the solid foundation and skills needed to develop effective personal training programs. Learn to design and teach the Essential portion of the Level 1 repertoire with 74 unique exercises plus multiple modifications and progressions.
- 30 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
- Minimum 6 hours observation
- Minimum 25 hours physical review
- Minimum 15 hours practice teaching
- Total: 76 hour
CECs: 3.0 STOTT PILATES; ACE; canfitpro
IR2 – Module 2
IR2 expands on the foundation and skills developed in the first segment as you learn to design programs incorporating the Intermediate repertoire. Learn 65 unique exercises plus multiple modifications and progressions.
- 20 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
- Minimum 4 hours observation
- Minimum 15 hours physical review
- Minimum 10 hours practice teaching
- Total: 49 hours
CECs: 2.0 STOTT PILATES; ACE; canfitpro
SCHEDULE Module 1
Wed, 20.6.2018 10.30 - 16.30 h
Thu, 21.6.2018 10.30 - 16.30 h
Fri, 22.6.2018 10.30 - 16.30 h
Sat, 23.6.2018 12.30 - 18.00 h (lunchbreak 1/2 h)
Sun, 24.6.2018 10.30 - 16.30 h
incl. 1 h lunchbreak
SCHEDULE Module 1
Wed, 27.6.2018 10.30 - 16.30 h
Thu, 28.6.2018 10.30 - 16.30 h
Fri, 29.6.2018 10.30 - 16.30 h
Sat, 30.6.2018 12.30 - 18.00 h (lunchbreak 1/2 h)
Sun, 01.7.2018 10.30 - 16.30 h
incl. 1 h lunchbreak
CHF 2'500.00 per person
incl. following Manuals
- Essential Reformer Manual 2nd Ed.
- Intermediate Reformer Manual 2nd Ed.
- Essential Reformer DVD, 3rd Ed. (2 disc set)
- Intermediate Reformer DVD, 2nd Ed. (2 disc set)
Optional: Mat/Ref. Support Materials Book CHF 30 (please order with registration)
Registration UNTIL 15/05/2018
The registration fee is 50% at the time of booking.
The rest is due 5 weeks before the course.
The cancellation fee is till 5 weeks before the course no refund of the registration fee
and from 5 weeks till the course 100%