Injuries & Special populations
This course is sold out!
The STOTT PILATES Injuries & Special Populations (ISP) course equips you with the skills required to address a broad range of physical challenges among your clients. It is important to note that this course will NOT prepare students to diagnose or treat any specific injuries or conditions or prescribe exercises for these populations without consultation with an appropriate health practitioner (i.e. Physical Therapist, Physiotherapist or similarly recognized health care professional).
Completion of ISP is required for full STOTT PILATES certification.
This course is intended for those already working in the fields of fitness or movement and is conducted over 4-6 days. Building on your STOTT PILATES® knowledge it teaches you to customize workouts to address weaknesses, health conditions, postural problems or injuries (but not to diagnose specific injuries).
Wayne Seeto is a MERRITHEW™ Master Instructor Trainer and an integral member of the internal programming, education and presenting team specializing in STOTT PILATES® Rehab. Wayne has been based at the MERRITHEW Corporate Training Center in Toronto for 10 years and is a recognized leader in his field. This high-energy Australian native received his Bachelor of Occupational Therapy from the University of Queensland, Australia and his Masters of Science (Physiotherapy) at McMaster University, Canada. Wayne has presented on behalf of MERRITHEW throughout North America and Europe at symposia, and industry trade events, and is featured in several MERRITHEW DVD titles.
General Course Objectives:
- Discuss the Pilates Instructor’s role in the rehabilitative process
- Examine the industry standards for screening clients and learn how to begin a Pilates program to safely and appropriately work with special populations
- Discuss the three-level muscle classification system
- Develop and be able to apply a rehabilitative approach based on current models of joint stability
- Examine optimal and dysfunctional biomechanical patterns in various regions of the body
- Review the most common injuries and special populations that may be encountered
- Review appropriate exercise progressions for those injuries and special populations
- Practice programming for specific injuries and special populations
What you will learn:
- Approaches to rehabilitating an injured musculoskeletal system
- Anatomy and biomechanics, dysfunctions and pathologies, and exercise modifications in the: lumbo-pelvic, cervical, upper quadrant, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle and foot regions
- Pregnancy, fibromyalgia and other special conditions plus workout design
- Appropriate modification of Matwork, Reformer, Cadillac, Stability Chair and Barrel exercises
Requirements of certification:
- 24 hours of instruction
- No physical review, observation or practice teaching required
Students must have completed the IMP, IR or CMR
Continuing Education Credits
STOTT PILATES 2.4
Upcoming Training Schedule
7-10 May 2017
10am - 5pm incl. lunch break
Coffee & Mineral water is included
CHF 1'750.00 per person (Registration until 15/2/2017 )
CHF 1'850.00 per person (Registration after 15/2/2017)
ISP Manual CHF 100 per person
Additional: Book your Exam or private lesson with Wayne Seeto
12 May 2017
CHF 150 per hour
Exam fee: ask the hostingsite Pilates Studio Luzern
REGISTRATION UNTIL mid february 2017 to secure an ISP manual
The registration fee is 50% at the time of booking.
The rest is due 5 weeks before the course.
The cancellation fee is till 5 weeks before the course no refund of the registration fee
and from 5 weeks till the course 100%