People with back and posture problems, People wishing to improve their figure, Women during or after pregnancy, Athletes to enhance performance, Older people to stay active and fit
What is PILATES?
Pilates is a highly effective training method to strengthen and obtain lean muscles.
In Pilates exercise, emphasis is placed on restoring the natural muscle balance through controlled movement and conscious breathing. The range of exercises strengthens the deep abdominal muscles along with the muscles closest to the spine. Pilates elongates and strengthens the muscles, improving muscle elasticity and joint mobility. A body with balanced strength and flexibility is less likely to be injured.
Our focus on showing you the exact implementation of the Pilates exercises allow you to create an improvement of body awareness. This will make you feel more relaxed after each training session.
What are the effects of Pilates?
- You obtain a stronger and more stable powerhouse (center of the body).
- The focus is on the deep abdominal and back muscles.
- The mobility of the spine as well as the hip and shoulder joints is improved. You optimize your ability to concentrate on your body through controlled breathing.
- You improve your posture through a strong center of the body.
Pilates helps you to improve your performance in all other sports.
- Build core strength (especially the deep abdominal and back muscles)
- Stabilization of the lumbar spine by activation of the deep lumbar muscles
- Improves and conditions muscles for the whole body
- Fewer posture problems
- Train your body to move in safe and more efficient patterns of motion
- Improve body awareness
- Reduce muscle tension
- More balance
- Increase performance in other sports
What is STOTT PILATES®?
STOTT PILATES® is one the world’s oldest, laargest and most renowned Pilates training centers , whose headquarter is located in Toronto, Canada.
STOTT PILATES® instructors are recognised internationally. To become fully certified instructors, all students must complete extensive training along with evaluation and examination.
STOTT PILATES® is a contemporary approach to the original exercise method pioneered by Joseph Hubertus Pilates.
Lindsay and Moira Merrithew together with a team of physical therapists, sports doctors and fitness professionals spent over two decades working out the STOTT PILATES® method, including the use of equipment .
All this makes STOTT PILATES® one of the safest and most effective methods available.
The goal of STOTT PILATES® is to restore the natural curves of the spine and to rebalance the muscles around the joints.
Five basic principles form the foundation:
- Pelvis placement
- Rib cage placement
- Scapular movement and stabilization
- Head and cervical placement
Whether performed on a mat or by using specialized equipment, the application of the Five Basic Principles will ensure maximum benefit from Pilates exercises. You can find more information about STOTT PILATES® Method at www.merrithew.com.
Who is pilates suitable for?
- People with back and posture problems
- People wishing to improve their figure
- Women during or after pregnancy
- Athletes to enhance performance
- Older people to stay active and fit